Try this delicious grilled rib eye with porcini salt and a lemony salsa verde.
Recipe courtesy of the food dept. (Recipe Sally Courtney, Art direction Anne Marie Cummins, Photography Brett Stevens, Styling Justine Poole)
PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 5 minutes SERVES: 4
4 rib eye steaks, 2cm thick
10g dried porcini mushrooms
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
¼ cup salt flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. To make Salsa Verde: In a food processor, combine 1 clove garlic, grated rind 1 lemon, 1 ½ cups continental parsley leaves, 1 tablespoon capers, 2 anchovy fillets, juice ½ lemon, salt flakes and black pepper, to taste. Process until coarsely chopped. Stir through ¼ cup olive oil.
2. Combine porcini mushrooms and peppercorns in a food processor and process until fine, toss through salt flakes.
3. Bring rib eye to room temperature, truss with cooking string to create a round shape, rub with olive oil and porcini salt (1 teaspoon porcini salt per steak).
4. For medium rare steaks, heat bbq grill until hot. Place steaks onto barbecue and cook 1 minute, give steaks a ¼ turn on same side and cook for another 1 minute.
5. Turn steak over and cook for 1 minute, give steaks a ¼ turn and cook for another 1 minute.
6. Remove steaks from barbecue, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with the Lemony salsa verde.