Make friends with this delicious beef burger.
Nothing beats a beaut burger! This is our take on what you might find in an American diner.
Recipe courtesy of the food dept. (Recipe Sally Courtney, Art direction Anne Marie Cummins, Photography Brett Stevens, Styling Justine Poole)
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 15 mins SERVES: makes 8 burgers
1 kg Topside Mince
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon finely chopped continental parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 rashers streaky bacon
8 slices Colby cheese
½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
Salt flakes and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons American mustard
8 seeded burger buns, cut open
8 oak leaf lettuce leaves, washed
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
½ cup spicy tomato relish
1. In a bowl combine mince, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and parsley, mix well and divide by 8. Using hands, form into 2cm patties and season patties.
2. Heat a BBQ plate to medium, drizzle on oil and cook patties for approximately 5 minutes each side and bacon until crispy.
3. Remove, place a slice of cheese on each patty, cover loosely and rest for 5 minutes.
4. While burgers are resting, combine mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl.
5. Toast inside of buns until golden, spread with mustard mayonnaise. Top the bun with lettuce, tomato, beef patty, bacon and a dollop of spicy tomato relish.